Home Loan Documents List PDF Download Link is available at the end of the post. See the complete List of Documents for Home Loan 2023.
A home loan is a type of loan provided by banks or big companies at a fixed interest rate. The money that is borrowed must be used to build your home. The money that was landed to the customer is taken back at a certain EMI rate on a monthly basis. There are millions of people who take home loans to build their houses.
To secure a home loan, an applicant must submit a number of documents that establish their KYC, the antecedents of the property they wish to purchase, their income background, etc. depending on which category of customers (salaried/professional/businessman/NRI) they belong to. The list of documents required for the home loan is given below.
Home Loan Documents List 2023 PDF Download
The list of documents required for a home loan is given below.
- Loan application form.
- 3 photographs passport sized.
- Identify proof
- Residence proof
- Bank Account Statement/Passbook for the last 6 months.
- Signature verification by bankers of the applicant.
- Liabilities statement and Personal Assets.
- Property detailed documents
- Salary Certificate (original) from the employer. (salaried individuals)
- Form 16/IT Returns for the past 2 financial years. (salaried individuals)
- IT Returns/Assessment Orders copies of the last 3 years. (self–employed professionals)
- Challans as proof of Advance Income Tax payment. (self–employed professionals)
- Proof of business address for non-salaried individuals. (self–employed professionals)
- IT returns/Assessment Orders copies of the last 3 years. (Self–Employed Businessmen)
- Challans as proof of Advance Income Tax payment. (Self–Employed Businessmen)
List of Documents Required for NRI Applicants
A list of documents for NRI applicants is given below.
- Latest IT Returns (for applicants filing IT returns in the country).
- For Self Employed NRIs, business documents like Trade License, Sponsor Agreement, Power of Attorney, etc.
- Bank statements copies from overseas for the past 6 months.
- Last 6 months NRO/NRE bank statement.
- Document establishing KYC.
- Proof of employment by the Government of the residing country like work permit, labor contract, etc.
- Documents related to the Property with cost estimates from an Indian Architect or Engineer.
- If the applicant is unavailable in the country at the time of signing documents, the Power of Attorney needs to be produced by the person acting on their behalf.
- Salary Certificate from employer stating in English the name (as per passport), designation, passport number, date of joining, and latest salary.
- The last 3 to 6 months’ salary slips reflect variable components like incentives, overtime, etc.
- Copy of Passport showing the page of residence visa.
- For Salaried NRIs, income documents attested by embassy officials required if there’s no documented evidence for salary credit or fund remittance to India is available.
KYC Documents Required for Home Loan
- Photo Id Proof (Any One Required):
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Voters ID Card
- Residence Proof (Any One Required):
- Electricity Bill
- Ration Card
- Telephone Bill
- Employment Letter
- Passbook or Bank Statement with address
- Proof of Age:
- PAN card
- Birth certificate
- Driving license
- Bank passbook
- Marksheet from 10th class
Home Loan Documents Check List PDF
To download the list of documents required for Bank of Baroda home loan
Documents Required for Loan Guarantor
- Liabilities Statement and Personal Assets.
- 2 photographs passport-sized.
- Identify proof.
- Residence proof.
- Proof of business address.
- Signature identification from present bankers.
Property Documents Required for Home Loan
The list of property documents is given below.
- A detailed construction cost.
- Deed of Sale or Sale Agreement or Share Certificate (original) in case of a cooperative society.
- Allotment Letter from Society/Housing Board/Private builder.
- Receipts of advance payments for the flat purchase.
- Certificate of Non-encumbrance encompassing the last 12 years/30 years.
- Receipt of land tax payment and certificate of possession issued by revenue authorities.
- Receipts for taxes paid for Building and Land, certificate of possession, and certified sketch of the location of the property from revenue authorities.
- Letter from Society/Builder/Housing Board mentioning their bank and account details, for installment remittance.
- Applicable for purchase of land plot, a declaration by loan borrower stipulating the date by which to construct a house.
- Report from a lawyer as per standard format.
- Power Of Attorney for collecting original documents of Property.
- In event of the demise of the loan borrower:
- Letter requesting handing over of Property documents from Legal Heir/Nominee(s).
- Letter relinquishing the right to Legal Heirs/Nominees for Property documents handover.
- Permission letter from Appropriate Authority.
- Approved building plan (showing floor plan for flat purchase).
- Original No Objection Certificate issued under the ULC Act, 1976.
- Copy of relative order if agricultural land is being converted.
- No objection certificate (NOC) from Builder/Housing Society.
- A report stating the valuation of property in a standard format by an impaneled valuer.
- Post closure of loan, documents required for the handover of original Property documents